With a bit of foresight, you can raid your fridge on a Sunday afternoon and create a lovely lunch with some leftover chicken and a few other bits and pieces.
1 tablespoon of oil
150 g mushrooms, quartered
1 courgette, core removed and cut into bite-sized chunks
five thick slices of chorizo, halved
about 150 g of chicken leftover from a roast
a splash of white wine
fresh corn, sliced from the cob
mixed lettuce, as desired
salt, to taste
bread, to serve
1. Fry the mushrooms in a hot frying pan with the oil until they are almost cooked.
2. Add zucchini, and a generous pinch of salt, oregano, and cook until the zucchini is soft.
3. Add the chorizo and cook until chorizo has some colour.
4. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is warm.
5. Add a splash of wine and cook it out.
6. Add the corn, and mix.
7. To serve, put the lettuce on a plate and top with the mixture. Add a boiled egg on top.